Get crafty with your stick glue and a glue gun this Valentine’s Day – a perfect last-minute Valentine’s Day DIY.
Stick glue isn’t just to bind two materials together. It’s melted stick can be crafted into different art that you can think of. For this Valentine’s Day, we made heart ornaments that are made from stick glue.
Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas
Paper Cone Heart
Felt Fortune Cookies
Paper Rosette Heart
Quilled Paper Heart
Votive Candle Holder
Heart Chain Doily
Conversation Glass Stone
How to Make the Hot Glue Heart Ornament
- Glue gun
- Stick glue
- Parchment paper
- Heart shape
- Draw a heart on cardboard. You can also cut it out. But it won’t matter since this heart is only a template to trace using the glue gun.
- Put the heart shape or drawing underneath the parchment paper
- Trace the heart figure using a glue gun and stick glue. Make sure it’s hot.
- Run more melted stick glue inside the heart – crisscrossing from one side to another.
- Let it cool. Then remove the heart-shaped melted stick glue.
By the way, I originally made this craft last January 2017 using a glass instead of parchment paper. To prevent the hot glue from sticking on the glass I used Petroleum Jelly on the glass surface prior to putting the hot glue.
But, I discovered recently that parchment paper works better with this hot glue heart ornament DIY.