Save and repurpose candle jars into a beautiful and useful piece in your home.
If you have followed me on my social media accounts and this blog, you probably know already that aside from keeping empty containers, I also make them pleasing to the eyes.
And candle jars are no excuse. They are gorgeous and they can be reused into something practical like a flower vase, organizer, and more.
Of course, you don’t need to make the jars. But if you feel crafty, then a little transformation of the glass candle jars will simply add beauty.
So in this post, I will show you an easy trick to transform candle jars into Anthropologie-like functional decor. I will be applying the decoupage technique, just like the terra cotta pots makeover I did in my last post.
How to Repurpose Candle Jar
If you prefer watching the video check it below. For more DIY videos check our YouTube channel and please don’t forget to subscribe.
1. Remove the wax from the candle jar. I put candle jars in lukewarm water and leave for a few minutes. The warm temperature will help release the wax from the bottom of the container.
Then wash the inside with soap and warm water. Let it dry completely.
2. If your decorative paper napkin is a two-ply napkin, remove the other layer.
3. Measure the amount of paper napkins that you will need to cover the jar.
4. Apply a Mod Podge on the outside of the jar.
5. Then carefully put the napkin. Trim excess paper napkin. Don’t forget to cover the bottom, too.
6. Once it’s dry, cover it with another layer of Mod Podge. And let it dry completely.
7. (Optional) Spray paint the lid with your desired colour. The gold paint I used complements perfectly with the banana leaves print.
I decided to use them as a container for cotton balls and cotton buds.
And that’s it! Pretty, easy and practical. And I totally adore the result.