Skipping letter “E”. Because my project for that letter requires me a great amount of time to do it. Plus I don’t have the materials and I don’t want to buy embroidery hoop unless I’ll do a lot of embroidery. But I doubt it since there are so many arts and crafts that I want to master like lettering and watercolor . So I was thinking of changing it to different craft project instead of embroidery. Do you hae any suggestion?
So “F” is Felt Fortune Cookies
Sweets will surely gives satisfaction of the whole course meal. Add it with a little fun with this felt “fortune cookies” with predictions or aphorism. Topic of course – love! Then add some more sweet treats inside.
My reference of this project is the book “Martha Stewart’s Handmade Holiday Craft: 225 Inspired Projects for Year-Round Celebrations”.
How to Make it
- Felt (preferably red. Duh!?)
- Wire (I used a craft/beading wire)
- Side cutter
- Glue gun and stick glue of course
- Card Stock
- Make a circle template from the card stock with a diameter of 11 cm.
- Trace around a piece of felt and cut out using scissor.
- Cut rectangle from the felt with length shorter than 11 cm and width about 1/4 cm.
- Using side cutter pliers, cut wire shorter that the rectangular piece of felt
- Affix the wire at the middle of the circle using a glue gun then cover it with the rectangular piece of felt.
- Fold the circle into half showing the sides where you affix the wire and the rectangular sheet.
- Then carefully fold back the pieces forming a fortune cookies (watch the video below).
- Insert a fortune paper and some tiny chocolates.